Sunday 29 September 2013

Tough Going – Visit 21

My latest visit to the patch on 28 September did not produce what I had hoped for given that decent birds appear to be turning up almost everywhere at the moment (e.g. YBW in Portrush!). Instead it acted as a reminder of just how much of a slog Rathlin is in autumn, when there is often little of note to be seen.
 
Here’s what I saw on the day:
3 Lapwing, 2 Great Northern Diver, 30 Robin, 1 Chiffchaff, 2 Blackcap, 2 Goldcrest, 4 Blackbird, 1 Song Thrush, 9 Stonechat, 3 Swallow, 55 Goldfinch, 70+ Linnet, 12 Lesser Redpoll and 40+ Meadow Pipits.
Nevertheless, the numbers of birds noted above will serve as a baseline to compare future counts, if and when things start to improve as I increase my efforts in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment