Thursday 23 May 2013

That's that then.

With migration basically a struggle throughout Cork this Spring it's no surprise that nothing unexpected turned up on patch. I suppose I should be thankful that at least the expected managed to make it. A Spotted Flycatcher turned up back on territory before I had heard of one at a migration spot. Then the next day a Whitethroat was singing. Luckily two Whimbrel flew over calling one evening, I was starting to think I was going to have to string them if they didn't pass over soon.
    And that's that until the summer post breeding dispersal of Sedgies. Ok I might get a June Hobby or a
flyover Crossbill but at 98.79% anything else will be a big bonus. I had suspected that I omitted some species
in my tally from earlier in the year but I didn't expect that I had left out 12 species hence the jump to 82sp
and 96 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment