Thursday 24 January 2013

Half century


Went out this morning, determined to catch up on a few certainties and found the flock of Turnstone in the usual place accompanied by a Rock Pipit.  Had a quick look through the gull roost but nothing new there and nothing at sea.  Just about to leave when I noticed a small flock of ducks flying out to sea - Wigeon.  Made my way to Kilgorman Marsh and flushed a couple of Pheasant.

I had a good walk along the river and flushed several flocks of Teal, one of which was accompanied by a Little Egret.  I continued on up the river but saw nothing new so headed back.  Halfway back down the river I heard a familiar call and quickly found a Chiffchaff feeding in the reeds along the edge of the river.  While watching it, a Water Rail called a short distance away.

So still missing some obvious species but added 7 species to go to 53 species and 58 points.  Not a bad morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment